Left over Candy Cane Lollipops


HO HO HO it feels like it was just yesterday that our house was decorated with lights, cookies were baking in the oven, hot coco on the stoves, and Christmas music filled our ears. Truth is Christmas was almost four months ago! Crazy I know. Time goes by way to fast and yet I still find Christmas bows under my couch and candy cane Lollipops from Original Gourmet hidden in random places. Once Christmas hits my house it takes about six months for it to leave. With the lovely New England snow in April, it still feels like December 25th.

With Christmas over and the large amount of candy cane lollipops everywhere what do I do to get rid of them? I ordered too many because I love having them in the house during this festive season, but I spent way too much money on them to just throw them away. Not to mention everyone is sick of eating a traditional candy cane lollipop after Christmas, including me. You can only eat so many in a few months because you need to change things up. It’s just like October and having everything pumpkin. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin lollipop, they aren’t kidding when you see the shirts that say Pumpkin everything.

Christmas can take so much out of you and once it’s over, I want it GONE. Personally after a long day of work, or a long day of parenting, oh my let’s not forget a long day of wife-ing. I could use a yummy treat and a bottle, I mean glass of wine. What better way to relax and get rid of some candy cane lollipops than to get creative and use them in other receipts.

I am thinking some yummy fudge brownies with some sprinkled candy cane lollipop pieces on top. All you do is place them in a bag and smash them up. Then sprinkle some on top of some yummy brownies. As soon as they are hot and right out of the oven so that they can melt just a little. Nothing pairs well with a candy cane lollipop crumbled brownie than a cocktail of your choice. Why stop with brownies, make that drink a little festive with some crushed candy cane lollipop pieces on a small plate. Wet the outside rim of a chilled martini glass with water and dip the glass in the small plate to create a fun delicious drink that will pair perfect with your new Original Gourmet candy cane lollipop recipe. Cheers to that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Cry over Broken Lollipops; Make Unicorn Pops!

How Lollipops Can Improve Your Study Habits

5 Reasons Why Lollipops Should Be in Your Purse at ALL Times (Part 2)